AEDI ADVISORY is committed to nurturing an environment in which people develop relationships with their natural resource base, ecosystems and supporting contexts to help build a future in which we live in harmony with nature.
AEDI STUDIO implements community-centred spatial research and design strategies to create sustainable, meaningful relationships between man and nature, and everyday ecological, material and spatial advancements between communities and their environment.
AEDI is an environmental and spatial advisory that advances solutions between man and nature. We facilitate social-ecological condensation through the development of ecology and architecture.
With a focus on the continent of Africa, AEDI develops fundable environmental projects that mediate selected technologies to advance and climate-proof complex adaptive or metropolitan systems.
As an environmental advisory and spatial design consultancy, we help our clients to introduce cost-effective measures that climate and land-use change will bring. We bridge the gap between the latest scientific developments and real-world evidence-based decision-making. Our company is built on strong values of humility, flexibility, reflexivity, social equity and cohesion, and long-term thinking at the centre of how we operate.
We have built up a vast knowledge base from successfully delivering projects in over 15 intercontinental countries. Solutions are specifically geared to the unique African context, drawing from local expertise. We aim to deliver actionable insights, weighing up sector-specific impacts, winners and losers, benefits and trade-offs across spatial and temporal scales and levels. It is our vision to position the continent as competitive in the global investment stage.
ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN
- Concept and viability (concept design)
- Design development
- Local authority submission documentation
- Construction documentation and tender
- Innovative emerging technologies design and implementation
- Research and development
- Ecological infrastructure for risk reduction
- Public spaces and sustainable universities
- Infrastructures design and innovation
- Landscape and watershed connectivity and mobility
- Climate adaptation planning for municipalities
- Climate-proofing resilient investments including ecosystem-based approaches
- Early warning systems for drought and floods and vulnerability assessments
- Training in the use of climate information services
- Environment and health interactions
COMPLEX SYSTEMS DATA MANAGEMENT
- Scenario planning, participatory rural appraisal
- Backcasting, cognitive mapping, appreciative enquiry
- Systematic reviews and evidence/policy evaluation
- Baseline setting, monitoring and evaluation
MEGA INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES
- Routes of transportation corridors to mitigate wildlife impacts
- Training in effective, participatory consultation
- Agri-food market linkages, agro-processing, and agro-ecology
- Social and Environmental Impacts Assessments and environmental safeguards
- Energy-efficient, renewable technologies and waste processing
URBAN FUTURES SERVICES
- Urban Green Infrastructural and circular economy design
- Spatial integration of the Water-Energy-Food nexus
- Decentralized solar energy production and plants
- Community institution building for housing access
- Spatial Development Frameworks
- Initiative Identification
- Implementation: Detailed Design, Construction and
- Operational Stage
- Closure: Decommissioning and Post-Closure